Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Too Hot To Handle Blitz & Review by Tessa Bailey


BOOK INFORMATION

Title: Too Hot To Handle
Author: Tessa Bailey
Series: Romancing the Clarksons, #1
On Sale: May 17, 2016
Format: eBook
Price: $2.99 USD





When rescue looks like a whole lot of trouble…

The road trip was definitely a bad idea. Having already flambéed her culinary career beyond recognition, Rita Clarkson is now stranded in God-Knows-Where, New Mexico, with a busted-ass car and her three temperamental siblings, who she hasn't seen in years. When rescue shows up—six-feet-plus of hot, charming sex on a motorcycle—Rita's pretty certain she's gone from the frying pan right into the fire… 

Jasper Ellis has a bad boy reputation in this town, and he loathes it. The moment he sees Rita, though, Jasper knows he's about to be sorely tempted. There's something real between them. Something raw. And Jasper has only a few days to show Rita that he isn't just for tonight—he's forever.


Review:
When I did my post at the end of last year I had a list of books I was looking forward to reading and I'm really pissed that somehow I missed this one! Since Bailey is a fairly new author to me I really wasn't sure what to expect but so many things about this book had me captured from the very beginning. 

From the very first page I could see this story was going to have so much potential. I don't believe I have ever read a story about siblings taking off on a road trip (for whatever reason) and finding their HEA. That right there just grabbed my attention and I couldn't wait to dive in deeper to the romance of Jasper and Rita. 

The characters stood out! And I don't just mean their personalities but Bailey brought uniqueness to each of them including the descriptions of them. At first I'm like wow Rita isn't classically beautiful by certain standards but she was beautiful in her own way and I really liked how she stood out. Jasper also did some standing out on his own. I really liked that he took two years off from "being a good time" to learning what he really wanted. From the moment he met Rita on the side of the road I knew this man was going to be trouble (in all the right ways of course) and I was right! Jasper was complete sex on a stick and Rita doesn't want to have his flannel wearing babies I would be more than happy to step in. 

I loved that this story wasn't just about love but it was also about each of these siblings finding not only themselves but their way back to being a family. I don't want to spoil too much but when these four are together there was ridiculously funny moments, fights, and them trying not to kill one another, but you can tell it was all filled with love. One of my favorite parts of them together is when they go to a bonfire for family building and they each basically tell a secret that no one else knows and Peggy's was my favorite! Lol Thank you Tessa for making me laugh so hard that I cried! 

Bailey delivers some super hot sex scenes that include a very dirty talking Jasper. *swoon* When he started talking I paid extra attention. Seriously this man is being added to my book boyfriend list.. No scratch that book husband list (not just for the dirty talking either) but the things he did just to get to know Rita which made him even more special. 

During the book I realized that Jasper and Rita fell in love in just a matter of days but the way it was written it honestly felt like this couple knew each other for much longer which I really liked. 

I can't wait for the next book and what adventure Bailey takes Aaron on. I highly recommend pre-ordering Too Hot to Handle ASAP you won't be disappointed!


AUTHOR INFORMATION


Tessa Bailey is originally from Carlsbad, California. The day after high school graduation, she packed her yearbook, ripped jeans, and laptop, and drove cross-country to New York City in under four days. Her most valuable life experiences were learned thereafter while waitressing at K-Dees, a Manhattan pub owned by her uncle. Inside those four walls, she met her husband, best friend, and discovered the magic of classic rock, managing to put herself through Kingsborough Community College and the English program at Pace University at the same time. Several stunted attempts to enter the work force as a journalist followed, but romance writing continued to demand her attention.

She now lives in Long Island, New York with her husband and daughter. Although she is severely sleep-deprived, she is incredibly happy to be living her dream of writing about people falling in love.


ABOUT FOREVER

No comments:

Post a Comment