Saturday, May 28, 2016

Review: Under The Wire by HelenKay Dimon



Blurb

Alliance agent Reid Armstrong has every intention of taking a well-deserved vacation. That is, until he learns that Cara Layne, his former fiancée, is missing. When it turns out she was lost during a mission on a remote Russian mountain, Reid is sent after her, determined to save her life and make up for his greatest mistake ever—letting her go in the first place. 


Cara’s bad day has just begun. After waking up to find her camp destroyed and her team missing, she’s left to face the harsh mountain wilderness alone. Now she’s got an even bigger problem: Reid Armstrong has been sent to save her. Cara can’t deny the feelings she still has for him, but he broke her heart and didn’t look back. How can she ever trust him again? 

As enemies close in on all sides, it’s up to Reid to regain Cara’s trust and her heart. Without it, their lives—and any future they may have together—may be lost forever.


Review:

I became a fan of Dimon with her series the Hanover Brothers and ever since then I always looked for a new series by her to devour. With the Bad Boys series I have only read books two and four which I will have to fix at some point in the near future but I like the direction on where this series is going. 

In Under the Wire Reid is supposed to be on vacation from his job but when his ex fiancée doesn't check in Reid is off to find her. Cara hasn't seen Reid in over a year so when he comes to rescue her after she escaped her destroyed camp it's a bittersweet feeling.  

Reid and Cara definitely had some really great chemistry throughout the story. I really liked how take charge Reid was in wanting to get her out of Russia but once they find out that Cara's mission wasn't the only thing going on it becomes harder then expected to get her to go. 

These two characters had some similarities but overall they were different. While Cara is open with her feelings, Reid is not. She wants him to open up more but as the story progresses he does little by little. Both these characters have different jobs but both are brave in the adventures they come across in Under the Wire, which by the way was a awesome title for this novel. 

This was a second chance of love story and I'm so glad these two got that moment. Their story might have been a bit more emotional then I was expecting but I really liked knowing what they were thinking and feeling along the way. It only made this story even more enjoyable. 

The plot had a lot of twist and turns so I never knew which way it was going to go and I liked it. Dimon did a hell of a job keeping me guessing from the beginning. I could have used some more steamy scenes but I understood that it wasn't in the cards for them while they were running for their life and to get to the bottom of what was going on. 

Overall, I'm really looking forward to reading the stories I missed from this series. If you love bad boys who are selfless and willing to put their lives on the line for total strangers and the ones they love I would definitely check out this series and Under the Wire. 




No comments:

Post a Comment