Sunday, May 29, 2016

Review: Shadow Rider by Christine Feehan



Description


Review
I only have read a handful of Feehan's work and by far this has to be my favorite hands down! Shadow Rider is the first book in the Shadow series and right away I already love this new world and the Ferraro siblings. I found this book on the contemporary side with a paranormal twist which doesn't include vampires or werewolves but a family that can mask themselves in shadows which was totally cool and different. 

The Ferraro family is a powerful family in Chicago which is led by Stefano who is really badass. He is the eldest of 5 brothers and has a younger sister. The shadow walker legacy goes back centuries but often they never find their other half but Stefano lucky and comes across Francesca purely by mistake but it turns out to be the best thing in his life for she is also a rider. 

Stefano must convince Francesca to accept all of him and she does very slowly. Often she gets frightened by his hard tone and bossy nature but that only makes Stefano more attractive. 

Normally I would have favorite characters while reading but in Shadow Rider I couldn't find a favorite and really enjoyed all the characters especially the Ferraro family. Stefano was 100% alpha, he was bossy, sexy and had this deadly air around him but I also found him charming, sweet and very protective of his family and his neighborhood. I really liked how Francesca held her ground and gave him sass while still getting to know him. While she never lead the life that he did once she started to trust him I enjoyed how comfortable she started to become. 

The sex scenes are very detailed and last over numerous amount of pages. Stefano and Francesca go at it like bunnies and the things they do had them heating up the pages! While Stefano might not be a Dom he definitely takes control in the bedroom. 

There were somethings that were repeated throughout the story that didn't need to be but overall this action packed story had me on the edge of my seat. I thought the story was unique and while it's not a typical romance the outcome was very well put together. Towards the end of Shadow Rider it sets up the next story for one of Stefano's brothers and already I'm looking forward to reading it. This is one series that is going on my auto buy list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment