Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Review: Into the Blue by Chanel Cleeton

Into the Blue (Wild Aces, #2)Into the Blue by Chanel Cleeton


After reading Fly with Me by Cleeton I had pretty high expectations for Into the Blue but while reading I felt something was missing from this story but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

We met Eric aka Thor in book one and really liked him. He joined the Air Force ten years ago leaving his fiancé Becca behind and heartbroken. This book starts about six months after loosing a member of his team while on a mission. Thor hasn't really dealt with what happened and makes a mistake while up in the air. While trying to wrap his head around the events that horrible day he decides to return to where he grew up and left the love his life behind.

Becca is still hurt that Eric left and has tried to move on with her life but after seeing him again for the first time in ten years it brings back the good and the bad memories. Now that Eric is back in her life she wants some answers and maybe some closer but she is still just attracted to him as she was back then.

I truly love second chance love stories and I liked this one a lot, but at times it dragged a little and lacked in excitement. Becca spends a lot of time going back and forth with her feelings and these two seem to fall back into the same pattern they had ten years ago.

Once this story got going I really started to like Becca more then I did at the beginning. At first she became standoffish but as the story progressed Cleeton really did a good job on her expressing her emotions about the life she had and the life she really wanted. Eric came off as confused, sure he wanted Becca back but I was dying to know why it took him ten years. He never contacted her once and all the sudden now he wants a second chance. I had to give it to Becca for holding out for so long and because of that I enjoyed the story a little bit more.

Overall after I was finished I said okay I enjoyed it and was happy how it ended. Finally Eric got it right and they can have their HEA even if it's been in the making for a long time.

If you read the first book you know Easy is head over heels in love with Dani. They make appearances in this story (yippee) but I can not wait to get their story in the next book On Broken Wings!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment