Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Review: Remembering Everly by J.L. Berg


Description


Review:
Okay so after book ends in cliffhanger this one picks up maybe a few weeks after and I was ready to dive in deep with drama of Everly and August. Again this couple who is meant to be together is separated by Augusts decisions but finally he is starting to get his memories back but they are coming slowly. 

So Everly once again is getting married but at least the is farther along in the planning then she was in the first book. I still don't get how easily she goes back and forth between these two men and honestly it was exhausting reading it. 

August is fighting to remain the new August but the old one keeps making appearances. I get the reasons of why he wants Everly away from but hey shouldn't she have a say in what she wants when it involves them as a couple?! 

Just like the first book I found myself skimming paragraphs because it didn't make or break the story. Somethings just felt unnecessary. Everly is trying to get over August yet again but now is questioning her relationship with Ryan and if it's really what she wants. Before she said yes again she should have really had more time to think things through. 

What really bothered me about this book was the goon aka Trent. Since August had no memory of his life before why did he give in so easily to Trent? Why believe him? That part just didn't make sense to me. 

Overall this series was just okay for me. I was torn between loving it and wanting to give up. The story did have some good parts but I found myself at times just wanting it to be over. I just think these two books weren't right for me in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment