Sunday, April 3, 2016

Review: Dare To Run by Jen McLaughlin

Description


Review:
Honestly I past over this book twice before I decided I wanted to read it. The blurb sounded interesting and once I started this book I was intrigued to find out what was going to happen. At about 40% I took a break because from the beginning this book a little dark and different from other romance books that I'm used to but I didn't give up. While this story is a little on the dark side it also had the realistic factor that keep me coming back for more. 

Once I got deeper into the story I honestly couldn't put it down. I loved the suspense of not knowing who the "good guys" were and how would the end of story play out. This was my first read by McLaughlin and her writing stands out. She created a world that stood out and already has me wanting the next book. 

Lucas and Heidi don't have much in common but the one thing did have in common was growing up on the streets. Heidi grew up in foster care then lived on the streets. She was given a chance to have a good life by a man who saved her and after he passed she inherited the bar her owned. Lucas on the other hand joined the sons of steel row and and ended up in prison. Now that he's out he's right back where he was before he went away and on top of that somebody close to him wants him dead. After meeting Heidi and saving her from a rival gang, Lucas becomes her "boyfriend" to protect her but with someone out to kill him he is reluctant to get to close to her. 

What I enjoyed most about this story was the characters. Of course they are all intriguing but Lucas and Heidi definitely stood out for me. Heidi was a strong heroine and I found myself saying wow I don't know if I could do that. She's also positive and sassy. The way she interacted with Lucas at times had me laughing but it also had me wondering if they could get through everything that was going on together. Lucas was straight up bad ass. He had this swagger about him and yet their were times when he just did or said something sweet that made him even more appealing. 

The ending was just wow! I don't want to spoil it but omg with the way this ended has me wondering what happens to the next character since secrets came out and friendships were lost. 

This is a series I am really looking forward to reading more of! 

No comments:

Post a Comment