Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Arc Review: Dirtiest Secret by J. Kenner

It was wrong for us to be together, but it was even harder to be apart. 
 
The memory of Dallas Sykes burns inside of me.

Everyone knows him as a notorious playboy, a man for whom women and money are no object. But to me, he’s still the one man I desperately crave—yet the one I can never have.

Dallas knows me better than anyone else. We bear the same scars, the same darkness in our past. I thought I could move on by staying away, but now that we’re drawn together once more, I can’t fight the force of our attraction or the temptation to make him mine.

We’ve tried to maintain control, not letting ourselves give in to desire. And for so long we’ve told ourselves no—but now it’s finally time to say yes.

Dirtiest Secret is intended for mature audiences.
 
Paperback320 pages
Expected publication: April 19th 2016 by Bantam

Review:


I haven't been on the fence about many of the books I have read but I found myself falling into that category with this one.

Dallas and Jane were best friends when they were younger but they also became step siblings. They had strong feelings for one another but they knew nothing could really happen until they both get kidnapped. Things change between them and they loose there virginity to each other.

Now after years of keeping themselves distant from each other Jane decides she needs to get Dallas out of her system once and for all but Dallas is worried about what will happen to the family if it's all found out.

As in great Kenner fashion this is looking like this entire story will take 3 books. A lot actually happens in this book. Secrets are unfolded, forbidden love and family issues.

If you have read Kenners other books you know how complicated her characters can be with what they went through or what they are going through. This book is just like them but one thing I loved about this book was how different it was. Sure the characters are a bit complicated but I actually enjoyed the journey that Kenner took them on.

At first I was like Dallas is a complete player/asshole but as I continued to read I realized that's just how he deals and copes from what he has been through (and that is a lot). I was actually surprised by the end that I actually loved Dallas the best in this book. He was my favorite character.

Even though I'm wondering about the kidnapping and who was actually behind it I'm more wondering how these two will end up with a HEA. It looks like a lot and I mean a lot is going to happen due to the ending and how it ends on a cliffhanger. For that reason I am excited and very impatient to read the next installment in this series.

*Be warned this book may not be for everyone. This book contains sex and material some might not be comfortable with. *
ISBN
Series

No comments:

Post a Comment