Saturday, March 12, 2016

Arc Review: TEXAS LULLABY by Cynthia D' Alba



Description:

Lydia Henson’s four-year-long engagement to Jason Montgomery is about to end in a Texas wedding everyone is anticipating. She’s come to accept Jason doesn’t want children. She can live without children. She can’t live without the man she loves.

 

Jason has never wanted a family. At least, that’s his story and he’s sticking to it. The falsehood is less emasculating than the truth. Yet when tragedy on the eve of their wedding lands Lydia with her sister’s children to raise, Jason finds himself surprisingly calm in the midst of the chaos.

 

Everything he swore he didn’t want seems as natural as breathing. But just as he gathers the courage to grab for the golden ring, another unexpected twist threatens to tarnish what could have been a shining future.

 

Warning: Sticky fingers and dirty diapers can change a couple forever.



Review:

This is my first book in this series and I have to be honest when starting I was a little lost. Some books in a series can be read as a standalone but some can't and I found this one was like that for me. 

From what I gathered Jason and Lydia have been a couple since the beginning of this series and are finally going to tie the knot. Since I'm new to this series I missed out when they met and started dating so I didn't feel like I was getting to know the characters like I normally would have but was thrown in the middle. 

So the night of their rehearsal dinner a terrible accident happens and Lydia now has to raise her sisters children. It's not really a problem for Lydia but Jason has made it clear he never wants children so overtime Lydia starts to pull away from Jason. Although he is good with the kids Lydia knows Jason can't stick around for the long haul. 

My issue with this story is the whole time she is raising the kids and pulling slowly away from Jason Lydia not once asked Jason what he wanted. She just assumes it's for the better they break up. I know miscommunications happens in romance and things get messy but she didn't even give the poor guy a chance to decide what he wanted even though I think he made himself pretty clear. 

One thing I did love about this book was the way D'Alba brought in the emotional scenes right away. I swear during the first couple of chapters I was in tears for these characters and the changes they had to deal with. 

Since this book was so emotional I would have loved to see a little more humor added.
Yes this was a romantic read but since this couple has been together for a while I missed the whole falling in love faze. 

Towards the end I started to really enjoy the characters and the story. I wanted more but I was glad that finally everyone was moving on and things were going to be okay. 

I suggest reading this series from the beginning before starting this book. I hope to start this series from the beginning to get to know this characters better and see their love bloom from the very beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment