Sunday, March 27, 2016

Arc Review: Test Drive by Marie Harte


Description


Review:
A new series by Marie Harte? Yes please! This is a spin off series from the McCauley brothers and while we meet some new characters the previous ones make appearances throughout the story. In this series you don't have to read the other series to know what's going on. 

We meet Johnny who works at the garage with three other hot guys who you also meet in this story. They are all fun loving and give each other some shit when it's needed. Johnny is known for his reputation with women but there is one woman who he really wants to date and after 4 years of asking he is hoping someday soon she will say yes. 

Lara isn't just beautiful but she is working towards her future. She bartends while she is in nursing school so she really doesn't date but if she did it would definitely be with Johnny. Finally Johnny gets Lara to go on a date with him and sure enough the Sparks start flying. 

What I loved about this book was that Harte had the two main characters grow and not only with their relationship. Johnny and Lara both learn more about one another over time. At first I thought the story was a little slow but as I continued reading I realized that Harte was adding little details here and there about their romance. I liked it didn't happen overnight and Harte took her time focusing on the romance that was blooming. 

I thought this book was a great start to this brand new series. I loved the characters, the steamy scenes, and the story development. 

It's filled with excellent humor from the very first page and not a lot of drama. The main focus of the story was about their relationship which I really liked. Already I am in love with this series and I can't wait for more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment