Sunday, March 6, 2016

Arc Review: One Hot Summer by Melissa Cutler

Description


Review:
This is the first book in a new series by Cutler and since I just finished it I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was different and I really loved the ideas that took place in this book. 


Remedy is a wedding planner who fled to Texas after her job and reputation tanked in Hollywood after a scandal. She also happens to be the daughter of two very high profile actors. Remedy is just here to get her reputation back on track but what she didn't plan on was not only falling for the town but finding the man of her dreams. 

Micah is the fire chief and takes his job very seriously but the new wedding planner is making him crazy in so many ways. He is determined just to have a fling with her just until she leaves but the more time they spend together the more caught up he becomes. 

Remedy and Micah are total opposites but as the saying goes opposites attract and that is definitely the case with these two. 
I really loved these two and how well they balanced each other out. While Remedy has a way of causing trouble ,Micah has a way of fixing it. Cutler included funny dialogue and situations that had me cracking up throughout the story. I couldn't decide if Remedy was one of the most unluckiest heroine I ever read about or not but I totally enjoyed her character. Not once did she come off as a rich spoiled brat considering who her parents were. 

The beginning starts off with an elephant on the golf course. At first I thought I was reading this wrong but once the story got going I found myself laughing at the humor and the images that Cutler was describing. The plot was different and enjoyable and honestly I couldn't get enough. 

I thought the book was well written and included the right amount of information to get this series off the ground. Cutler introduced so many new characters but each of them are memorable in their own way. I already zeroed in a few that I hope will have their own stories in the future. 

The one thing that stood out for me the most in this book was the humor and honestly if the books to come are this funny I can't wait to read them! I'm looking forward to seeing where Cutler will take this series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment