Saturday, March 12, 2016

Arc Review: My Perfect Mistake by Kelly Siskind


Description



Review:

To be honest I skipped over this book like 3 times in the past week and yesterday I gave up and said what the hell I'm going to read it. Needless to say once I started it I couldn't put it down and I really didn't want too. I stayed up until it was finished and when I looked at the time (5:30 am) all I could say it was so damn good I didn't care I was loosing some much needed sleep. 

Siskind is a new author to me and I am thanking the book heavens that she was sent to me. This book has to be one of the funniest and romantic books I have read so far this year! 

The characters are absolutely great. We meet Shay who is in Aspen getting over her ex "the dick" they were together for 5 years but somewhere along the way she lost herself so when her girlfriends and her decide for a girls weekend she is all in and she hopes to find a hot ski guy but she didn't expect to crash right into him. 

Kolton is a single dad and works hard with his outerwear company. When his friends and him are Aspen he starts wondering if he will ever find someone to share his life with but nothing is going right on this trip so far and it starts with one crazy ass woman who is about to take him on the ride of his life. 

I loved these two!! They had such great chemistry that tops off their funnier nicknames. These two actually don't meet on the best of terms but oh man you can tell how fun and exciting their relationship is going to be. To me this two should win an award for couple of the year that's just how great they are! 

Normally in books I don't see a lot of wooing but I'll be damned Kolton is the KING of wooing! Not only is he sexy but that man does the littlest things in the world just to get Shay to finally go out with him and give him a chance. McDonald's fries, movies and pez dispensers are all part of his plan. While I was reading all I kept thinking was if Shay doesn't want him I would gladly take him off her hands. 

Did I mention this book is funny? And not a little funny I mean omg laugh out loud funny. I thought Siskind did an excellent job  with the comedy in this story. 

The storyline wasn't cheesy and it was realistic. Them meeting, getting together, and falling in love doesn't happen in the span of a few days or weeks nope it takes months. And it's months of them not only spending time in the bedroom but actually getting to know one another. 

Siskind was just added to my auto buy list and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this series. Their friends hit it off in this book so I'm excited to see what path Siskind will take each couple on. 

If you're looking for a funny, sexy, romantic book that is filled with wooing I highly recommend reading My Perfect Mistake! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review!!! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed it. Shay and Kolton were a blast to write. And just WAIT until you get to know Sawyer ;)

    ReplyDelete