Monday, February 8, 2016

Arc Review: Nobody But You by Jill Shalvis


SOMETIMES YOU CAN GO HOME AGAIN…

After an overseas mission goes wrong, Army Special Forces officer Jacob Kincaid knows where he must go to make things right: back home to the tiny town of Cedar Ridge, Colorado. All he needs to scrub away his painful past is fresh mountain air, a lakeside cabin, and quiet solitude. But what he discovers is a gorgeous woman living on a boat at his dock.

Sophie Marren has nowhere else to go. She’s broke, intermittently seasick, and fighting a serious attraction to the brooding, dishy, I’m-too-sexy-for-myself guy who’s now claiming her dock. Something about Jacob’s dark intensity makes her want to tease—and tempt—him beyond measure. Neither one wants to give any ground . . . until they realize the only true home they have is with each other.
 
 368 pages
Expected publication: March 29th 2016 by Grand Central Publishing
Review:
As soon as a Jill Shalvis book hits my kindle I have to read it and this book was no different. If you haven't started the Cedar Ridge series you are definitely missing out. It's filled with humor, emotions and some of the happily ever afters I have read.

In this book Jacob is home and is on leave but in order to make it feel like home again he has to set things right with his family. What he didn't plan on meeting was one woman who would change his whole world.

Sophie is down on her luck. She is divorced and picking up jobs here and there but that thing she needs in her life is a man. But the more time she spends with Jacob the more she knows that this time everything will be just right.

I really liked Sophie's character a lot. I thought even though she was going through tough times she had such an awesome personality and had a great sense of humor. Some of my favorite scenes with her is when she is sea sick. You feel for her but yet you can see the humor that she lives on this boat.

Jacob was a little sweeter then I expected him to be. I guess I was picturing him acting more like a jerk since he was back home but in a way I was glad that wasn't the case. I liked how he was always looking out for Sophie even though he knew she was trying to do things herself.

So what did confuse me in this book was the siblings. Ok so in this book Jacobs sister meets her man and they are engaged. Does this mean this book is the end of this series? Or does she meet someone else? Hopefully there will be more Cedar Ridge books in the future.


If you are looking for a sweet funny read i would definitely read this book. Shalvis just has me wanting to move here and Cedar Ridge hunk of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment