Sunday, January 17, 2016

Arc Review: Betting the Bad Boy by Sugar Jamison

Betting the Bad Boy: The Bad Boys of DestinyBetting the Bad Boy: The Bad Boys of Destiny by Sugar Jamison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jamison is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors to read. The bad boys of destiny series is taking off and I'm loving every minute of it!

This is the second book in the series and Duke King is asked to return home with his brothers to see the sick aunt who raised him and his brothers after their father left. Duke has done well for himself by building a custom car shop and the last place he wants to be is back in destiny but after seeing Grace his plans are about to change.


Grace left destiny after Duke was sent to prison to almost beating a man to death but she came home to help her dying mother and take care of her father. Now that Duke is back she has a secret she has to tell him and she isn't sure how it's going to go. She loved this bad boy 13 years ago and those feelings haven't changed but this secret might ruin their chance at a second chance.

I know this is only book 2 but I have to say so far this one is my favorite so far. I love second chance at love stories and this one is no different. The characters Jamison created are different and have an edge to them even though they are millionaires now and I just loved them!

This story takes place parallel to the first book which I just loved seeing the first brother fall in love from a different point of few while Dukes story was going on was eye opening.

I really liked Duke hell I loved him. He was hard, strong, honest and overall a good man. I enjoyed reading about him getting to know his son he never knew he had and they had some touching bonding moments that just won me over.

The only issue I really had with this writing was the overuse of the word "boy". I found it just a tad annoying and could have done without it so much.

I enjoyed the rekindling romance between Duke and Grace. They both went on to have different lives but I love how they wanted to give it a shot for there son. I liked how they didn't jump into bed like the last 13 years didn't happen and they took the time to relearn about one another. I also enjoyed when Duke was getting to know his son and what to do with him, what he likes and teaching him new things. The male bonding between them tugged at me and Duke really won me over.

The plot was different which I greatly appreciated and the King brothers are my new bad boy favorites so far this year!

I'm super excited and can't wait for the next book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment