Thursday, December 24, 2015

Arc Review: Unexpected Rush by Jaci Burton

Unexpected Rush (Play by Play, #11)Unexpected Rush by Jaci Burton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75

Harmony has just been dumped by her boyfriend of 3 months but she isn't heartbroken. She is confused on why she can't find a good guy who is worthy of her. Trying to gain some insight of the male mind she asks her brothers best friend and teammate Barrett that maybe they should date but Barrett isn't going to let that happen.

Barrett has been noticing Harmony for awhile now but he isn't about to go there with her. He doesn't want to ruin his friend ship with her brother and he definitely doesn't want to hurt her if things go bad but after he hires harmony to redecorate his house the more time he spends with her the harder it becomes to resist her.

I really liked Harmony. She was smart, successful and went after what she wanted. Barrett was hot, loyal and not a player. The relationship between these two starts off real slow but once it got going I was really liking these two together. I thought they really balanced each other out.

One thing that really annoyed me was all the talk about telling her brother that they were seeing one another. I mean it was said so much and they would even talk about it before they had sex. When Barrett knew they were getting into the serious zone he should have just stepped up.

From the beginning of the story you can see how attracted they are to one another and how hard Barrett tries to fight it. It was kind of cute but you could see he was ready to cave at any minute.

Of course in this story Burton wrote some really hot sex scenes and Barrett was definitely a dirty talker. *swoon*

Also in this story we get to know Flynn a little better and meet the woman he will end up with. I'm hoping his book will be next!

As far as the ending goes I wasn't all that happy with how they had there HEA. I was happy he asked her to move in the house she redecorated but I felt the whole proposal wasn't needed. Overall once this book got going I was quickly reminded how much I love this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment