Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Arc Review: Taking Fire by Cindy Gerard


Review:

This was my first Gerard book and I couldn't put it down. It was filled with nonstop suspense and surprises at every turn. 

Bobby is a military contractor and is currently on a job overseas. Normally women are a distraction and you can never tell if you are being set up but there is something about Talia that draws him in. 

Talia is working a job and her supervisors want information that Bobby has. She is to do whatever it takes to get that even if it means sleeping with him. As the week goes on the more she falls for him but when Bobby returns back to the hotel room she is gone. 

One of the things I loved about this book was it was done in 3 parts: when Bobby and Talia meet, then 6 years later , and the end. There story was filled with love, betrayal and terrorist at every turn. 

Gerard did a fantastic job in describing even the tiniest details that helped make this book feel real. I loved the characters and how they came together. I didn't find anything about this book that was boring or slow. I was dying to know what would happen with every turn of the page. 

Since this was the first book I have read in this series I had no idea who the previous characters were from the earlier books but I did love their funny banter and how well they worked together while on missions. 

Yes this is a romantic suspense but it was more of the suspense that captured me. The ending was done well and all things that were left undecided were wrapped up. After reading this I definitely want to start this series from the beginning and enjoy the ride Gerard takes me on. 

A pre order must for 2016!!

No comments:

Post a Comment