Thursday, December 24, 2015

Arc Review: Runaway Vampire by Lynsay Sands

Runaway Vampire (Argeneau #23)Runaway Vampire by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sands is back with another Argeneau book! I still can't believe this is book 23 and it looks like Sands doesn't plan to stop!

Mary is driving in her RV to go to the campground her friends own. This is the first time she is going alone since her husband passed away last year. While driving she runs over something but when she stops to check it out she doesn't see anything so she continues on her journey until she finds a naked man in bedroom who definitely needs medical attention.

Dante was kidnapped, drugged and stripped but he escaped. The only thing he didn't plan on was running right into a RV and being run over by his life mate. Now he has to find out who kidnapped him and his brother, get Mary to agree to spend forever with him and get his twin back all in matter of weeks. This won't be easy but Dante is up for the challenge.

In the past few years I have pretty much given up on paranormal romance but this series is still one that I enjoy reading. Sands does an awesome job with writing these characters and the sense of humor she brings with them. There were so many parts that I had a good laugh at.

We met the twins so many books ago so I wasn't sure what Dante's story would be like but I really enjoyed it. It took sometime for me to like Mary but when she told her story of her marriage I felt torn between feeling sorry for her and wanting to give her a high five. She was one strong tough as hell woman.

The one issue I did have was seeing her as 62. Honestly I didn't want to think about her getting it on with Dante but I am happy how it turned out and how Sands had them come together as a couple.

Normally the mortals kind of freak out when they are told about the immortals so I was kind of surprised how well Mary actually took it and understood the rules and such. Like a said before she was strong for a heroine.

Of course we get to see some previous characters from other books which is always a plus especially if you already read there story. I would have liked to see more of them but I understand not everyone could be in this one.

Overall I was happy with the ending. It doesn't leave on a cliffhanger but it does set up for the next book because they need to find Dante's twin. Yippee! So yes it looks like
Tomasso's story is next and it takes place in Venezuela!!

A must read for all Argeneau fans!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment