Sunday, December 20, 2015

Arc Review: Romancing the Running Back by Jeanette Murray




Let me start of by saying I am totally loving this series!

Anya is looking to branch out on her own and her ex won't give her the divorce she has been asking for so when her friend needs help planning her wedding she heads to Santa Fe. Anya isn't looking for love but when she is paired with the best man things start to look up.

I really liked Anya and Josiah. They didn't start out on good terms but I thought there banter and snarky comments were a version of foreplay. After a few meeting with each other you can total see the attraction between them and I liked how they just seemed more natural with one another.

One of my favorite parts of the book was when they had the couples bachelor and bachelorette party. They had a great time and I surprised when they played Friends trivia. Lol It was great and since I love that show I'm glad Murray included it in the story.

I really do enjoy each and every character in this story and series so far. Anya was strong and determined to make a go out of the career she wants. Josiah was smart and had this easy way about him. Although these two were total opposites the way they made it work was awesome.

The only real issue I had is while reading the author skips over time. An example is It starts somewhere and jumps two weeks later. I'm one of those people who want to know what's happening during that time?

I also would've liked to see maybe some on field time. Sure the players worked out, watch game footage but I missed the on the field time. Hopefully there will be some in the next book.

The ending ended up having a epilogue wedding of Anya and Josiah's best friends. I have to say I was so glad it wasn't them. It also had more promise that more Santa Fe Bobcats are coming soon! Yippee!!

If you love sports romance books this is definitely a book you should read!

No comments:

Post a Comment