Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Arc Review: Hometown Hero by Cate Cameron

Hometown Hero (Lake Sullivan, #2)Hometown Hero by Cate Cameron
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.75

This is my first book by Cameron and I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy because it started out on the slow side but once it picked up I was falling in love with the characters and the town of Lake Sullivan.

Zara is a female MMA fighter and has had two concussions in the past year so she is taking some much needed time off. It couldn't come at a better time because her brother is about to be released from prison and his friend Cal has a job for both of them at the youth center.

Cal comes from a good family and has had everything he ever wanted. He wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing 10 years ago when he turned in his best friend. Now that both Hale siblings are back he wants to make it up to them but he didn't count on Zara working her way into his heart.

Like I said at the beginning it started off a little on the slow side but once it picked up I started to really get into the characters and the storyline. I liked how Zara was independent, feisty, and loyal to her brother who happens to be her only family. She was strong and willing to do anything to get him back in the swing of being out. I didn't really warm up to Cal until he started to have a interest in Zara and her wellbeing. I thought he was sweet by buying her flowers and making her dinner. You could see him loosing his heart piece by piece.

One thing I loved about this book was the town and the people in it. They all pretty much got along and were there for one another. Even though the Hale siblings were trouble back when they were younger these people didn't give them any grief or try to make them feel bad.

As far as the ending lets just say I was surprised by Zaras decision but I'm glad she made the right one for herself. I loved how it didn't end with marriage and babies but ended in a way that was right for these two characters.

I can honestly say I want to read the next book in the series and I'm hoping it will be about Zaras brother! *fingers crossed*

If you're looking for a book with a kick ass heroine and a sweet guy I suggest giving this book a try!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment