Sunday, December 13, 2015

Arc Review: Forgotten Promises by Jessica Lemmon

Forgotten PromisesForgotten Promises by Jessica Lemmon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is a different book from Lemmon of what I become to expect from her but I loved it. In this book Lemmon pushes the boundaries of a hero that I loved, hated and wanted to rescue.

The story starts off with Tucker being released from prison and looking to finally make his dad pay for the horrible past he and his bother endured. What Tucker doesn't plan is to run in Morgan.

Morgan is having the worst birthday. She finds out her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. After walking to get wine to get drunk to forget this day she runs into Tucker. Morgan doesn't realize that her whole life is about to change.

I loved how the story progresses from them knowing each other from high school, to becoming friends of sorts and then becoming lovers. I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I was very pleased with ending.

One of the things I loved about this story was how Lemmon had Tucker and Morgan's sides. I loved knowing what both characters were thinking and feeling while all the craziness was going on.

I haven't read many books with the hero being a virgin and yup Tucker was one! I understood why and well that mainly has to do with his messed up past. Finally when he and Morgan got together I wanted scream with glee.

This story was deep and showed that with the right person standing by you people can begin to heal from whatever ghosts they may have.

I loved the ending and how it was wrapped up. I'm grateful that Lemmon didn't have them get married, engaged or have a baby. She leaves it open to where they will decide together what will be next for them.

If you love Lemmon's bad boys with an twist you will definitely enjoy Tucker. Add this to your tbr for January 2016!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment