Saturday, December 19, 2015

Arc Review: Fight To The Finish by Jeanette Murray


This is the first book I have read in this series by Murray and honestly I was a little confused at first. I mean okay so they are marines or boxers? Are they still active marines? The answer to those questions came while reading but even thought this is part of a series I guess I just expected to read it as a standalone and be up to speed but that really wasn't the case.

It looks like Kara and Graham have a history that started way before this book. In the beginning you can see they like each other but Kara doesn't want to date because she is a single mom and she is fighting her ex for custody which is understandable but then something with them shifts and bam they are trying to make it work.

I liked when the group got together. I thought it was fun and they all have a history of sorts. This is the part that makes me wish I would have been more up to speed on who was who and how they got to be so close.

From what I learned from the characters I liked them. I liked the idea of them having military games. I'm not sure if that's real or not but I like that whole idea of the different branches getting together.

Of course it wouldn't be a great romance without a little drama and suspense lurking around. In this story someone is sabotaging the gym where they train and of course we have the drama with Kara's no good ex.

Did I enjoy the story? Yes, because I actually did finish it and I liked it but I just didn't totally fall in love with it. Maybe it's because I didn't read the prior books or maybe I didn't connect with the characters like I thought I would. After reading this I do want to try to read book 1 and maybe I'll feel differently.

By all means this isn't a bad book and it's worth reading but I hated feeling lost at times. If you already started this series you know what to expect but if you plan on jumping in like I did I totally suggest starting at the very first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment