Monday, December 21, 2015

Arc Review: Carolina Dreaming by Virginia Kantra

Carolina Dreaming (Dare Island, #5)Carolina Dreaming by Virginia Kantra
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have read 4 out of 5 books in series and I can honestly say I think this one was my absolute favorite one! Kantra did a wonderful job with the characters and the HEA.

Jane is a single mother and the owner of a bakery on Dare Island. She is currently living with her father whose a police officer and since her ex is getting out of prison soon she has a lot on her plate but after meeting Gabe she might be willing to try out love again.

Gabe is a ex marine and recently just got out of prison. Ready to start over he heads to Dare Island to see if that might be the place for him but some people might not want him there. After meeting Jane and her son he will do anything to make sure he wins them over after all home is where the heart is.

I loved Gabe and Jane for different reasons. Jane was hurt by her ex yet she seems like she is getting her life together and back on track. I liked how she wanted him and didn't know what to think about it. As the story progressed I was pleased to see her go after what she wanted even though it was a little scary.

Gabe messed up killing a man by accident when he was trying to help a woman from being raped. I loved how much he cared and how it's an alpha male but yet so sweet and charming. His character was one of my favorites because he just really was so damn sweet. I loved how he took to Janes son and wanted to be in their lives.

One of the things I enjoyed was the suspense on when and how these two would get together. It didn't take as long as I thought but I liked how they become somewhat friends before their relationship even started.

Normally I don't like books when they have a second romance going on while the main characters are trying to see what's happening with them but with this story I found I didn't mind so much. Janes father is actually a big part of this book and all the characters are intertwined in someone.

As far the ending I was happy with how things happened with Gabe and Jane but some of the issues with her ex I could have done without. I mean he's in the story for a few pages so he really wasn't a person of interest for me.

It's been awhile since I read the other books so I had a difficult time remembering past characters but I was glad this book could be read as a standalone so in the long run it didn't matter who was who.

If you love when characters get second chances in life, love and complete happiness Carolina Dreaming is the book to read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment