Sunday, November 29, 2015

Arc Review: The Final Move by Victoria Denault

The Final Move (Hometown Players, #3)The Final Move by Victoria Denault
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Finally Callie and Devin's story! I was really looking to this book and excited to see how Denault would put these two together. She didn't disappoint.

Devin is separated from his wife and hasn't told a sole. When he goes to drop his son off at his exs house he finds out Callie is moving to town and now he has to come clean. What he doesn't realize is that Callie is everything he ever wanted now he just needs to convince her to give them a chance.

Callie had a thing with Devin when she was 18 but they have always remained close, so when she finds out about what's going on with Devins marriage she is determined to help him get through it. Callie just doesn't realize spending time with him and living with him was going to change her game. Can she finally get the HEA that her sisters have or is this relationship doomed to fail?

One thing that stands out in this book and the series are the characters and how close they all are. I love books were siblings fall for one another and Denault did a excellent job with pairing them off. My favorite character is this book had to Devin. You can see his changing from his old life with his ex to wanting a new life with Callie.

They had so many cute moments and how comfortable they were with one another. I loved they had a spark in previous books but yet of course nothing could have happened until now. Callie was sweet but didn't sugarcoat anything when it came to helping Devin get back on track.

Even though Devin and his ex are separated I liked how slow he and Callie took things. It wasn't like he woke up and wanted her although he was always attracted to her but he took the time to heal and figure things out.

The one issue I had with the book was the ending. Yes they got there HEA but it was kind of rushed. I mean they are finally together yet they start talking babies and marriage while they have only just got back together. I would have been okay with them dating for a book or two before anything else happened.

Denault includes some hot and steamy scenes along with some emotional entanglement that keeps you coming back for more!

Will there be more books in this series? Gosh I hope so! Or maybe a spinoff with other players? Again I say I hope so. I love the characters and the challenges they all face. Plus it would be great to catch up with this hockey family and see what plays they will be having in the future.

I highly recommend this book and series to sink your teeth into.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment