Sunday, October 11, 2015

Review: Home for Christmas by Lily Everett

Home for Christmas (Sanctuary Island, #4)Home for Christmas by Lily Everett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Libby writes a columns about her life, cooking, and her husband but the problem is that it's all fictional. Her boss wants her to do a story on Owen and she comes clean but in order to keep her job she must go through with making Christmas special for the daughter Owen is just meeting.

Owen was hurt in combat and now he is headed to the island to meet the daughter he never knew about. While on the fairy he comes face to face to Libby who happens to be the woman who be helping him making sure his daughter has the best Christmas ever.

This story was very heartfelt and emotional at times. Both Libby and Owen are used to being alone but they are getting used to the whole family idea. I liked how these two were a lot alike and had that connection.

Libby and Owen have an attraction but the problem is that Owen believes she is married and can do nothing about it.

I liked how Owen was trying to make a connection to his daughter but he didn't really know how. After all his daughter went through he wants to make everything okay for her. The way Libby helped out was generous. Although she wanted to keep the secrets she knew that she couldn't while getting closer to Owen and his family.

This story did have some funny and cute parts that I enjoyed. I liked how this book was all about family. Overall I really enjoyed it and the ending was really cute!

This is the first book I have read by this author but I am excited to read more and get to know the characters of this island.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment