Thursday, July 16, 2015

Review: The Strongest Steel (Second Circle Tattoos #1) by Scarlett Cole

Harper Connelly never expected to find herself outside of a tattoo parlor at one in the morning, summoning the nerve to take back her past. She's determined to forget her old life and is looking for an artist who can tattoo over the scars on her back.

Trent Andrews, local legend and owner of the Second Circle tattoo studio, has his own reasons for specializing in inking over scars. And in spite of her mysterious past and the difficult road ahead, he quickly realizes that Harper is funny, smart, and--under her ridiculously oversized clothing and SPF 100 sunscreen--totally hot. He's happy to take on the challenge of designing a meaningful and deadly full-back tattoo for her.

But when cryptic messages start appearing on Harper's phone, strange deliveries arrive at her door, and Second Circle is vandalized, Harper is convinced that her ex-boyfriend has tracked her down, and worse, that he knows about Trent. Running was the only thing that saved her last time, but now that she's started to put down roots in Miami, she'll have to decide if she can finally fight back instead.
  
   
Kindle Edition, Macmillan
Expected publication: July 7th 2015 by St. Martin's Paperbacks
 
Review:
 
I wasn't sure I was going to like this book when I started but as I was reading I just couldn't stop.

First off the storyline is so different. I mean tattoo artist meets girl on the run. So Trent sees Harper one day while he is drinking coffee but then later on Harper meets him outside his tattoo shop and asks if he can cover her scars. When Trent sees what is on her back he can't help wanting to help her and try to take care of her.


Trent is an alpha male but not one of those asshole ones. He is also cocky, driven and as sweet as sugar. The way he forms a strong bond with Harper while working on the tattoos was spectacular. He takes his time getting to know her and slowly he starts to learn about the truth of what happened.


Harper is still shaken up from what happened four years earlier and the little things set her off. Once she meets Trent and starts spending time with him she not only feels comfortable but starts to fall for him. Although she is still working through her past as long as she has Trent she can get through it.


I loved these two together. They not only had a physical bond but they had an emotional one. This story had a lot of suspense and tons of romance. I thought it was the perfect balance for the book. The suspense kept me craving more of the story. Also I enjoyed that things were not repeated and it didn't end of a cliffhanger like I thought it would. It was actually wrapped up nicely in a big red bow.


Each of the characters were interesting and they all should have their own stories. I liked the story took place in Miami which was nice considering I haven't read too many stories that took place there.


I have to say this is a new series that I am looking forward to reading. Since I know who is next I am so excited for their story and to see how that turns out. This is a must read for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment