Friday, July 3, 2015

Review: Power Play (Risky Business #1) By Tiffany Snow


THIS KIND OF BUSINESS CAN ONLY BE PERSONAL
Sage Reese lives for her job. More precisely, she lives for her debonair boss, Parker Andersen. Sage handles everything for Parker, even as she fantasizes about the one thing that isn't in her job description: him. But when a high-stakes account crosses the line from shady to deadly, a tough cop starts giving Sage the attention she wishes Parker would . . .

Detective Dean Ryker couldn't be more different from Parker. While Parker wears expensive suits like a second skin and drives a BMW, Ryker's uniform is leather jackets and jeans . . . and his ride of choice is a Harley. While Parker's sexiness is a reserved, slow burn, Ryker is completely upfront about what-and who-he's after. And Sage tops his list.

Now, as Ryker digs deeper into the dark side of Parker's business, Sage finds herself caught between two men: the one she's always wanted-and the one who makes her feel wanted like never before . . .

   
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: June 30th 2015 by Forever


Review:
At first I wasn't really sure if I was going to end up reading this book or not but once I started and stayed up late getting into it I just couldn't put it down.


What girl wouldn't like being caught In Between two sexy men. Especially one who wears a suit and is on top of the business world and another who upholds the law and drives a bike.


These men are different but two things they have in common is Sage and the alpha thing going on. This actually was a great start to the series and I loved it was from Sages pov. Secretly I was routing for both men lol. They both have problems with each other from their pasts but they have one goal and that is to keep Sage safe.


For almost half the story it's like they were playing games with Sage. A kiss or a touch then Parker would back off. Ryker on the other hand wanted her and made no mistake of letting her know. The more I read the more I started to like the guys more and their alpha personalities. Sometimes Sage annoyed me from the going back and forth with lust from both men.


I did enjoy the plot and it kept me on edge on what would happen. It kind of left off kind of on a cliffhanger but you can see right away their will be more to this threesome in the future. I can honestly say I am really glad I decided to read this. I do wish their was more romance then suspense but it worked out.


Normally I don't read the first chapter of the next book but I had to with this one and wow! From the looks of it I think it will be from Parkers pov. And so far what a pov it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment