Saturday, July 25, 2015

Arc Review: Playing with Fire by Kate Meader

Playing with Fire (Hot in Chicago)Playing with Fire by Kate Meader
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in a new amazing series that I am already in love with. I haven't read the first book or the novellas yet but as I was reading this book (book 2) I fell head over heels in love with the characters.


Eli is a former marine, a ex lawyer and is currently mayor and running for his 2nd term. He is sexy, confident, and alpha all the way. I liked Eli as the hero. I thought he brought out the best and the worst not only in himself but with Alex.


Alex is strong, determined and spontaneous in acting first then thinking. Her family business is fire fighting and running the family bar. I loved Alex and her personality. She was a great match for Eli and kept him on his toes.


Normally I love sibling books because you get to know the family and get a feel for each and everyone of them. This book was a tad different. Yes they are all siblings but they are all adopted. It was so unique I loved it. I loved how close they all were and how they are always there for one another. Each and every character stood out in this series in there own way which only made me enjoy this book more.


This story was written so well that once I started it I actually devoured it and couldn't put it down. I enjoyed the banter and name calling between Eli and Alex. This story has so many laugh out loud moments but it also has the moments when I had some tears in my eyes.


I enjoyed how Eli chased and tried to win Alex. The sex scenes were detailed and not overly done. I am glad this book was mainly about romance but it had a little suspense and a little drama that didn't overshadow the romance.


Meader writes a fresh new romance that is amazing. I can't wait to catch up on this series and read about more of the siblings in the future. This book just adds to my favorite 2015 books so far.


A must read if you love alpha males, funny banter and a happily ever after that will have you reaching for the tissues.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment