Sunday, March 1, 2015

ARC Review: No One Like You (Barefoot William Beach) by Kate Angell

No One Expects a Curveball


For Rylan Cates, the gloriously sunny beachside town of Barefoot William may be home, but the pro baseball player needs to focus on spring training. Hiring a personal assistant to keep him and his four dogs organized for the next eight weeks is the first step--and Beth Avery is the perfect pinch hitter.

Beth is still looking for her place in the world, and a couple months caring for Rylan's two dachshunds, his golden retriever, and a Great Dane named Atlas should shore up her finances before she moves on. Except it's Atlas who won't budge, pushing her toward tanned, scruffy, sexy Rylan every chance he gets. One more strike and she's calling the dog out--unless she and Rylan admit that the attraction they're feeling is a game-winning grand slam. . .  
    
Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Expected publication: April 28th 2015 by Kensington
ASIN
B00ONTR4V2
edition language
English

Review:
This is one of my favorite books by Angell. When I started this book I knew this was going to be a read that I couldn’t put down and I was right. I stayed up all night just to finish this book.

I loved Beth and Rylan! I thought they were perfect for each other.  Rylan hires her to be his assistant because he isn’t attracted to her, but he comes to find out that he is. At first he thinks they have nothing in common, but as the story unfolds he sees they are more alike than he thought. Little by little you can see how much she affects him and when his teammates start coming around he starts to see her as they do. Rylan is adorable when he is trying to guess Beth’s size when he is finding an “I’m Sorry” gift from Atlas.

Beth really doesn’t have any family, but the way she takes to Rylan’s friends and family is amazing, like she belonged with them from the beginning. The more time he spends with her the more he can see Beth in his future which was really sweet.  You can tell she was more than his assistant even though it started out that way.

I loved how his dog plays match maker. Angell wrote Atlas perfect. I couldn’t stop laughing when he did the things he did like playing dead in the middle of the street, pushing Beth and Rylan together literally, and the way he acted with them both. He was the perfect family dog and just had a personality about him that you fall in love with.

Angell really brought this story to life through her writing. I do wish there was more baseball, but overall it was an outstanding read. It was a cute, sweet, funny story that will have you laughing out loud. I like that their love story wasn’t rushed and went at a pace where you can see it unfold from day to day. This is one of the best books I have read so far this year and it will be a re-read for me in the future.  I can honestly say I cannot wait for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment