Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Review: The Danger That is Damion by Lisa Renee Jones

Lethally passionate, wickedly dangerous...
Renegade warrior Damion Browne is a soldier of soldiers, an enforcer of the code of honor. With ruthless precision, he calculates risks as deliberately as he does his lover's satisfaction. Now it's up to him to defeat a new generation of female Super Soldiers, including the one woman perfectly programmed to
be his downfall.

His enemy...or his soul mate?
Lara Martin has never felt powerful, until she's brainwashed to destroy the one man who can help her find the answers she so desperately seeks. Alone and embroiled in lies, Lara must turn to Damion for the key to the truth ...

Review:

The Danger That is Damion is the 3rd book in the Zodius series, but it’s the 1st one that I’ve read. It was pretty easy to follow along without reading the 2 previous books, but there were some things that I found myself confused about throughout the book. Some things were explained at some point, but others weren’t and it wasn’t until the end that I found a glossary to help explain some of the things I wasn’t sure about.
Over all I really enjoyed this book and I really liked Damion and Lara. This series is about a population known as GTECHs that are humans who were scientifically altered to become “super soldiers”. There have been many things that have occurred since initiating the GTECHs and some of this race has branched off as the Renegades, aka the good guys, which includes Damion and his team. When Damion encounters Lara, she is on assignment to assassinate a scientist that the Renegades are trying to keep safe. She as trouble following through, even those she’s been programmed to do just this. As Damion whisks her away, they start to try to unravel who she is, how she has become a GTECH, which is rare for a female.

Damion is the type of man that always follows the rules and is very honorable. But when it comes to Lara, he finds himself breaking rules for her. He’s determined to help Lara find her past and how to keep herself. I liked him right off the bat, and he his very easy to fall for. Lara is very confused and as she spends more time with Damion, she’s not sure who or what to trust, not even her memories. It took me a while to warm up to Lara, but as the story progressed and I began to understand her motives, that changed and I soon found myself liking her and her spirited attitude. I really liked the banter between Damion and Lara, and when they come together, it is hot!
I was hooked with this book from the beginning. I liked it the whole way through, well except what I didn’t understand from not reading the previous books. I enjoyed the characters and after meeting Michael and Sterling it definitely makes me want to go back and read their books that came 1st. I am hoping that the next book is about Chale, mmmmm I love him just from what I’ve gotten to see of him from this book ;) I will definitely continue reading this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment