Friday, July 15, 2011

Review: Can't Hurry Love (Three Kisses #3) by Christie Ridgway






 "The pivotal event of the wedding season is the fiftieth anniversary celebration of the winery's bridal bubbly--a shared glass of this sparkling wine supposedly keeps couples in love forever. But worries over the festivities fly straight out of Giuliana Baci's head when she finds her apartment ablaze. Homeless and practically possessionless, Giuliana is forced into living in the house next door to the winery. Unfortunately, there's already someone in residence...

Liam Bennett staked his claim in Tanti Baci after stepping in to help the Baci sisters save their family legacy. But Giuliana doubts his motives. They've been at odds since the one hot summer long ago that ended in heartache. With the fate of the winery on the line, the former lovers will need to get a handle on the barely leashed hostilities. And with a tangled past and powerful emotions simmering just below the surface, the road back to love will be the biggest challenge of all."

Review: 

This is my very first

The story is about Liam and Giuliana and from my understanding their tension has been building since the first book and I love a good tension story. Not only did they have the tension building but had tons of emotions between the two of them. Hostility and anger being some. The series is about two families that come to come together and save their winery. It just so happens that these three  sisters fall in love with three brothers. And heaven knows I love a good romance story that involves families. The sisters decided to plan a Vow-Over Weekend on the one year anniversary  to try to turn the winery around and get it back to making money. Jules had agreed to help for the year, but if things dont work out she will sell it and go back to her life.

Now even though I haven't read the first two books, I wasn't as lost as I thought I would be. You get the sense that something major happened in Liam and Jules’s past and what you find out is a shocker!! With both of them being the older siblings you would think they would understand each other more but one thing they cant deny is the sparks they throw off. While growing up they had a young love and were able to enjoy it. But when heart break and loss happens they let the necessary talk go for 10 years. I know thats crazy but somethings are just hard to deal with and I felt both their pain.  

 Now that they are back around each other and the sparks are still there, they need to have a long overdue talk and work it out. Their relationship was pretty hot and cold throughout the whole book. When one would make progress, the other would shut down and visa versa. Jules tends to make some decisions based on what she wants without speaking to her sisters about it. Which I totally did not agree with and needless to say, it doesn’t sit well with her sisters. 

Overall I really did enjoy the book until the very end. Like I said before I have plans to start from the beginning to get a better understanding of these wonderful characters and how things came to be. I wish I got a little more time with Jules and Liam as a couple without all the anger, but it didn't ruin the story for me. I loved the plot and the scenes were well written. Although sometimes I did feel that the scenes were a bit wordy when I didn't feel they had to be. 

It seems like a fun series to get into and enjoy. I mean I am a romance lover so as long as it has a happy ending and makes sense I am all for it. I am sorry to see it end, but look forward to what else Ridgway will have in store in the future. Very enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment