Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Review: Dragon Bound (Elder Races #1) by Thea Harrison

"Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful - and passionate - of the Elder races.

As the most feared and respected of the Wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they've ignited in each other.

Pia knows she must repay Dragos for her trespass, but refuses to become his slave - although she cannot deny wanting him, body and soul .."

Paperback, 312 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by Berkley

ISBN 0425241505 (ISBN13: 9780425241509)


Everyone kept saying you have to read this, you must read this.Of course I am like what is so special about this book? Its just another paranormal romance. But OMG I was wrong. When I started this book I was truly captured from the maybe the third page all the way to the end. This has to be one of my favorite books of the year, hell maybe even ever! I was asked if I could save a few books from a fire and this wasn't on the list but it sure is now. This book is will not only capture your attention but hold it like no other will.

Pia has spent her whole life hiding and keeping a low profile from the Wyrkind and their conflicts. Well, that was until she was blackmailed into stealing something from the hoard of a dragon. Finding herself targeted by one of the most powerful of the Elder Races. He is the most feared and respected, Dragos can not believe someone has actually stolen from him and succeed in even doing so. Now the hunt begins. 

Dragos is not only hotter then hot but possessive. But this hot alpha male can also be sensitive when needed, but that's still in the learning process. Pia is not only  half human but half wyr who is looking for love and acceptance in her life. Now she on the
journey of her life and is involved with the Wyrkind. Not only is Pia frustrated, but Dragos wants answers that only Pia can help with and since now she is in danger he wants to be the one their for her and to protect her. He wants her his.
 
The plot is not only the most exciting I have read in a long time but keeps you entertained until the very end. The first scene takes place in New York City but as the story progresses the scenery begins to change. You cant help but fall in into each one with wonder beyond belief. The way Thea Harrison explains every little detail you can see it as if it were a movie you are watching. I honestly just couldn't get enough. Even the romance scenes will have you swooning over and over. The sex is scenes will have you shivering and panting for more.

Every single one of the characters were lovable in their own way. Pia is able to balance and challenge Dragos like no other. I loved that. The way their relationship ends up playing out is out is super funny. He tries to dominate her through the whole story but Pia makes it known that she is not his property every chance she gets. The secondary characters are just has fun and exciting as the two main ones. I am dying to read about each and every single one of them. I love Graydon. The friendship that he forms with Pia was to die for. They even have these little nicknames for each other. You will also meet Constantine, Rune, Bayne, Tiago, and Tricks.

This paranormal is full of fae, witches, goblins, elves, and so many magical events that will keep you on your toes and turning the pages faster and faster. This is a sexy, action packed, magical, passionate story that I couldn't put down even if my life depended on it. After the first read I was left speechless. I didn't even know what to say. So many surprises that will have you more than tongue tied. After the first read I automatically wanted to pick it back up and re-read it. I loved how Harrison created the story. I fell more then in love with it. It was captivating, beautiful, and intriguing. This paranormal world  that I got to explore was strong and just overall amazing. A for sure a must read!!!! I really did love everything about this book and I am so looking forward to the second book in the series, Storm's Heart, Which is set to release August 2, 2011. August truly can not come fast enough. Storm's Heart will follow Tricks. This is an absolute must read for any romance or paranormal fan. With all the action and romance you will not be disappointed because I know I wasn't. Happy Reading!!!





4 comments:

  1. Great review Lushy D! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it as much as I did. It's such an awesome new series to get addicted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab review babes! love it, and I bought this one last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *swoon* I <3 this book so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and could not agree more with your review of this fabulous book!

    ReplyDelete