Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Review: Keeping Pace by Dee Carney

"One spark could burn her world down.

Six years after her husband’s death, Regina Pace is still just going through the motions, her only pleasure a nightly glass (or three) of wine to dull the ache. Tonight is no exception—until a sensual outdoor encounter with her neighbor’s son, freshly home from college. He’s older, wiser, more devastatingly handsome than she remembered. He’s also fifteen years her junior.

Despite her misgivings, it isn’t long before her nightly ritual includes a long, deep drink of Josh Smith. Ogling leads to touching, then the sparks flare into an erotic encounter that feels wickedly right—and deliciously forbidden.

Yet the intense heat can’t burn away the doubt pestering the back of her mind. That the gap between their ages is too large, even for the most determined leap of faith…"

Published 2011 by Samhain Publishing

ISBN139781609284909
Regina likes a glass of wine when she gets home after work and sometimes she mourns her dead husband. This night she was sitting outside and remembering things when something caught her eye and she stumbled across her neighbors son who just happened to be home from college. And can we say what a sight that was for her. 

Now I don't want to giveaway all the goodies but Dee Carney bring you a erotic story about a older woman who gets involved with a younger man. And boy oh boy it will make you drool and pant. Josh is not only a breath of fresh air for her, but has wanted her for a long time. He wants to be the one to make her smile since she is always looking so sad. 
I felt for Regina and what she went through. She is a strong woman but sometimes even the strongest women need a crutch at times. I thought it was not only sweet but sexy of Josh to want to be that for her. A one night stand is never enough. One kiss leads to one touch, but with the chemistry these two have that isn't even close to enough. Although the sex is good these two have to deal with some very real bumps in the road the question is can they make it?

I loved this story till the very end. It had heartache, romance, and some hot lovin. Loved the main characters. Although there were times in the book when I wanted to bitch slap Regina for being stupid with the whole Josh situation, but then again had every right to want to take things slow to see what would happen. I will give it to Josh for wanting to be there for the long hull. At times I felt so bad for him I wanted to hug him. He was generally a really nice guy who cared. 
 
So after all this I have decided I want my own Josh. A man who can read you for everything you are and want. *dreamy sigh* Regina and Josh weren't perfect but perfect enough for each other. They both taught each other so many things. And the ending will just blow you away. Will Regina start new? or Will she just continue her everyday motions?

Dee Carney brings so many emotions to her books. They are hot and satisfying. You will gobble them up in just one sitting. If you love hot romances with no boundaries you have to read Dee Carney, she is guaranteed to leave you panting and dreaming about all the yummy things you should be doing. I simply couldn't get enough of Regina and Josh.  I hope you enjoy Keeping Pace as much as I did.




2 comments:

  1. Wow. That little excerpt was hot! I haven't had a chance to be a cougar since I've been old enough to fit into the category. There really isn't anyone I'd want to cougarize at the moment, tho there's a cute barista I've been eyeing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds hot. I wanted to read more. There is nothing like a hot romance book in the summer...I don't know why but this is the time I read them the most. Thanks for the interview. I am not a cougar. I would most like to have Jacob OMFG he is hot. I don't care how old he is...He can growl at me anytime.

    =)
    Mary
    @sweepingme

    ReplyDelete