Monday, January 24, 2011

Tall, Dark and Deadly by Lorie O'Clare

*Fans self*  I have not a clue where to begin. I ended up lost in borders romance section and found this. Cover hot (check), summary interesting, (check) and now time to pay (check). This is my first ever Lorie O'Clare book and I fell in love. I have never had a book boyfriend, but what I know is that I want the hot, sexy,  FBI Agent Justin Reece. *swoons*

Grace Jordan was kidnapped at age 18 by someone known as "Master". He kept her locked in a mansion for 5 years as a sex slave prisoner until she set it on fire, saw him burn, and finally escaped. She was tortured and shared with others. Trying to move on with her life she becomes a homicide detective. Moving to Rockville, S. Dakota, to work as a police detective is the new start she is looking for. But once she arrives a serial killer begins raping, torturing and killing women in the town where she now lives. The scary part is that this serial killer is using some of the methods used by the dead "Master". Now enter sexy FBI agent Justin Reece to help Grace solve these murders. What they both don't expect is that they both are attracted to each other.
The sex between Grace and Justin was not only Hot but Explosive. OMG!! My favorite sex scene was the on the lawn and it was hot as hell!!!!  Grace's use of her tortured past to kept an emotional distance from Justin, but that didn't stop them from humping like rabbits. I thought from sexual past it would be a issue but she seems to do it without another thought. Justin doesn't know about Grace's past just yet so when things get rough, how will Gracie react?
 


I loved this book. It seems like I say that a lot but I can't help it. It kind of bothered me that she didn't really express to anyone her feelings of these cases and that she said on to work them. I understand the need for privacy, especially where her past is concerned but to stay on a case that is so close to home, I gave her props.


This book is not only action filled, but had romance and mystery twist to it. I mean since she watched "Master" die, it couldn't be him, right? This is one story line that will not only intrigue you into the world of Police Officers and FBI agents but into a world of Power. But the big question is, Who holds that power?
 

Tall, Dark and Deadly was a four star book. I am truly excited to read more from this fabulous writer. Next book in this series is Strong, Sleek and Sinful. I am hoping this series just keeps getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment