Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Taken by Midnight by Lara Adrian



I think ill start off with a big WOW! Lara Adrian has got me hooked (not that she didn't before), but now the story is progressing more and I found putting this book down was a big problem.

"At the crossroads of death and desire, a woman tastes a pleasure no mortal is meant to survive . . .

In the frozen Alaskan wilderness, former state trooper Jenna Darrow survives an unspeakable breach of body and soul. But with her narrow escape comes an even greater challenge. For strange changes are taking place within her, as she struggles to understand--and control--a new hunger. To do so, she will seek shelter in the Boston compound of the Order, an ancient race of vampire warriors whose very existence is shrouded in mystery. Perhaps the most mysterious of them all is Brock, a brooding, dark-eyed alpha male whose hands hold the power to comfort, heal . . . and arouse.

As she recovers under Brock's care, Jenna finds herself drawn to the Order's mission: to stop a ruthless enemy and its army of assassins from subjecting Earth to a reign of terror. Yet in spite of their resolve, a purely physical relationship without strings soon binds Brock and Jenna together with a desire fiercer than life and stronger than death itself--until a secret from Brock's past and Jenna's own mortality challenges their forbidden love to the ultimate trial by fire."

From reading, Shades of Midnight, I was interested to see how the Brock and Jenna story was going to play out. I was in awe throughout the whole story on how both are attracted to each other, but yet somethings being held back. This story was face paced,exciting and lots of romance. The emotions in this book were deep, I cried on a few parts and when I turned to the last page I had to stop myself from screaming no!

The way they held each other up throughout the story was amazing. Lara Adrian couldn't have made two better people more perfect for each other. If you are a fan of the Breed you will enjoy this book to no end. Not only is their tons of adventures with Brock and Jenna ,but the rest of the Breed and their mates. I'm hoping to get to see what Jenna is actually becoming and what her part in this whole story with Dragos ends up. I cant wait to get my hands on the next book in the series, Deeper than Midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment