Saturday, January 15, 2011

Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Let me start by saying this: I love romance novels. Not only are they sexy and fun, but romantic and emotional.

Annabelle Granger is a vivacious redhead who has inherited a match making business from her grandmother. Now Annabelle has decided the bossiness needs some modernizing and is finally changing the name  to Perfect For You. She just needs a big name client to help spread some buzz - that's where super sports agent Heath Champion comes in. Heath is searching for the perfect wife, and Annabelle's connections to some famous footballers and their wives, finds her way into speak to Health about hiring Perfect For You to find him his perfect wife, but little does he know she has been in front of him the whole time. 


Annabelle was just adorable. I actually enjoy her quirkiness and the way she loved Heath. I wanted her to have him and live happily ever after. Not only because he was to-die-for, but because he was the perfect match for her. I was kind of upset by the little game they kept playing as if you couldn't figure out that each of them were looking at other one in a new light.

Heath tended to be a complete idiot and I am so glad he points that out to himself. Annabelle deserved the whole package and not the portions Heath was trying to feed her. I was very proud of Annabelle to sticky to her guns and not settling for those sorry portions. Heath got a chance to do a lot of groveling to win her back and that was a plus for me. If you act like a jerk like heath you are expected to grovel to make things right.

Not only does this story have great main characters but I happened to also love the secondary characters. I loved little Pippy the most. The way she was written was just too cute. I also loved that she has a certain fascination with cellphones. When those parts came in the book, you cant help to say "awww" or laugh out loud.

All in all, this was a very enjoyable read. Hilarious at times plus you get the romance that you were waiting for. This contemporary novel was fun and now I am dying to finish all the books in the Chicago Stars series now. If you haven't read this series, you don't know what your missing. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment