Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars #4) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips


 
Another terrific installment in the Chicago Stars series. And to think I was somehow not looking foward to reading this book. I am so glad I ended up changing my mind. Like all her previous books in this series I got caught up in the story and suddenly I was swept  into the lives of Gabe and Rachel.

Gabe is still mourning the loss of his wife and son, who died in a car accident two years prior. Rachel happens to be a widow of a faith healer, who was not only corrupted but he destroyed there town. Now back int he town where her husband ruined lives, she just wants to find the money and get out of dodge. One problem Gabe wants her bad.

This book was sad but had a warm ending. I cant even begin to tell you how beautiful and heartfelt it was. If I had to deal with every single person in one town hating me , I would have left. Rachel doesn't leave she stays strong and wanting to just get her hands on her money so she can take care of her son.

Gabe and Rachel's relationship is amazing. The only part I was unhappy with was how rocky they started out even though attraction was there. As the story started to progress all the pieces started to fall into place nicely. You also get an excellent side story about Ethan (Gabe's brother) and Kristy. The side story is fun too.

Not only will you be smitten but keep a thing of tissue near by.

No comments:

Post a Comment