Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent





Another great addition to the Soul Screamers series! This series just keeps getting better and better if that is even possible. Rachel Vincent is Is a force to be reckoned with. She takes her Soul Screamers to a whole new level.

My Soul to Steal picks up a few weeks after My Soul to Keep leaves off. In this book Nash and Kaylee are on a break because of Nash's addiction to frost. Kaylee is unable to come to terms that he is doing better and she is not ready to start-up the relationship once again. Now enter Sabine, who just happens to be Nash's ex-girlfriend from two years ago, transfers to their school. I know, I know I was "Oh My God" as well. Sabine is literally Kaylee's worst nightmare and it just so happens Kaylee is number one on her list.

This installment keeps you interested from the first few pages. Honestly, Vincent never brings you a dull moment. I can't help but feel attached to these characters from the beginning of the series. You get a chance to watch them grow and become the persons they were meant to be. In this book Kaylee took the lead. I loved how strong she has become from the previous books. I actually did scream GO KAYLEE when she slapped Sabine but I wont say why. I also admired the fact that she didn't give into the pressures that Sabine was dishing out.

Kaylee is trying to trust Nash. I totally understood the whole trust issue, but sometimes I wanted to yell, " Are you serious? He loves you! Why are you over thinking this?". Nash, well, he is really trying to move past his addiction and to make things right between Kaylee and him. The way he spoke to her, I melted at those certain parts. What really brought me to tears is when Todd had a heart to heart with Kaylee. It must have been so hard, but I understood the confusion and anger on Kaylee's part. I also felt for Todd having to be so bluntly honest but then again that is a part of life.

Not only can Vincent keep your mind wondering, she can also make you see the world she has blessed us with. My Soul to Steal was so much more than what I was expecting. I couldn't put it down if my life depended on it. I needed answers and I needed them now. Vincent doesn't tease she leaves the best cliff hangers for what will hopefully come soon in this wonderful series. If I could read, If I Die, right this minute I would truly be in heaven. I am looking forward to the next installment in this series plus so many more to come by this wonderful author.

No comments:

Post a Comment