Thursday, December 9, 2010

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6) by Richelle Mead

ADVENTURE! SUSPENSE! SACRIFICE!

My favorite quote from the book "But I was meant for you." .

WOW! Richelle Mead's Last Sacrifice is not only breathtaking, but absolutely heart pounding. I am not even sure I could put this review into words how amazing not only this book is, but the series in a whole. Last Sacrifice gets my vote for YA of the year! Mead not only did a fantastic job of letting us into this world she has created, but ended this series with an explosion.

Rose has been locked away and waiting on word to start her trial for murdering Queen Tatiana. If Rose only new her friends are planning the great escape so they could clear her name. Rose has always protected Lissa and now its time for the roles to reverse. Breaking Rose out of prison is only the first step to clearing her name and finding out who actually killed the queen. Adventure after adventure, it just doesn't stop.

Anger, anxiety, fear, joy, love, pain, loss and healing, Mead has it all. Never a dull moment. Just when you think things are going a certain way, they change. The suspense was killing me through out the book and I never wanted to put it down. Reading this one times was not enough. I will have to revisit this series over and over.

From the first chapter you can feel what Rose was experiencing and wanted. Emotions run high in this book.  Everything that was ongoing in the series was answered which has so many pluses!! Who is the illegitimate child of Eric Dragomir, who murdered the queen, why was Rose set up, whats to become of Lissa and the question that is on everyone's mind, does Rose end up with Adrian or Dimitri. Yes, she finally ends up with someone. Of course I super happy on how the series ended.

This is definitely a book I can assure you will love and not be able to put down. It takes a lot for me to be stunned silent after reading a book, but this book did it. This book doesn't just top the charts, it reaches a whole new plateau. I wish this series didn't have to end, but all great things must come to an end at some point in time. Do not fear this wont be the last of these characters we have grown to love. Mead is currently working on the spin-off series, Bloodlines, which will be out late summer/early fall of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment