Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday Sparks by Shannon Stacey

This is my first Shannon Stacey story and I loved it! It was perfect for getting me into the holiday season.

Chloe Burke returned to the small town in Maine where she grew up to house sit while her parents are on a cruise. After having some electrical problems, she contacts a local electrician, who happens to be a hunky former classmate she couldn’t remember. Scott Quinn had always had a crush on Chloe in school, but back then he wasn’t much to look at, and she was one of the cool kids. Chloe decides to pay him to rewire her parents’ house as a Christmas gift to them. The constant interaction between the two results in an agreement for a no strings fling that would end when Scott finishes the job in three weeks and Chloe’s parents return home to spend Christmas with her.

The gift they ended up giving each other had me saying "awwww". These two were really just too cute. I was dying for them to finally get together. After the # weeks were up I actually asked out loud, "What will they do?" but of course Shannon Stacey had a plan. Even though Scott preferred his small town life and Chloe preferred her life in Boston, they were willing to do whatever it took to make it work.

The passion they feel for each other is phenomenal. Both Chloe and Scott are lovable characters, and so many amusing parts that had me grinning. The novella was good I wished it was longer. Chloe and Scott are very lovable characters. I loved that they were normal people and reading about their love story made me all giddy inside. I mean 10 years having a crush and then finally getting the girl. Who could ask for anything more enjoyable. The sparks between them made every page of the book a real pleasure to enjoy.

The end so romantic so of course I recommend this book to all those who love Holiday themed stories.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment