Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Countess is not only funny and intriguing, but it is sinfully sexy!!

When Christiana’s mean, cruel husband Dicky Fairgrave drops suddenly dead of what they assume are natural causes, she and her sisters decide to put him on ice (literally) and go on as if life hasn’t changed except for the better.  The First night of Dicky’s death Christiana decides to go to a ball with her sisters. With Dicky being dead and all you could only imagine their complete utter shock when they see Dicky at the ball.

Richard Fairgrave has just come back from America to confront his twin brother who has stolen his identity as well as married under his name. When Richard meets his “wife” at the ball he finds her to be a little less than he expected. But with some time and whiskey on Christiana’s part, he soon finds that he really wants to keep his “wife”. Now will he have to earn her trust to get to the bottom of her and who murdered his bother.

In my book Lynsay Sands could do no wrong! I have never read a historical romance, but if all the other romances are like this, I have been missing out on so many fabulous books.  I loved the way the story was written and told. The characters are very much likable and enjoyable. The attraction between Richard and Christiana is just phenomenal and they fit perfect together. You also get a good look not only into Christiana's life, but her sisters as well. The story flowed so well I didn't realize I was turning the pages faster and faster wanting to know what was going to happen and who killed Dicky. Then having to slow down because I really didn't want it to come to the end. It kept my attention throughout the whole story and that is a huge plus.

The romance was absolutely outstanding. I couldn't get enough of how deep their emotions ran for each other. Suzette intrigued me so I am really looking forward to reading about her. Lynsay Sands just keeps you wanting more. And more do I want!

Over in all this book was fantastic, it was funny at times which I wasn't really expecting. The book wasn't all romance, it had mystery twist which I loved to pieces. This is truly a must read for not only Lynsay Sands fans, but romance fans in general. I am really looking forward to the next installment, The Heiress which is set to release early 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment